Re: [Nmh-workers] MIME part label in show

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] MIME part label in show
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 13:13:42 -0400

>   If a display string is not found, mhshow behaves as if these profile
>   entries were supplied and supported:
>                   mhshow-show-text/plain: %lmoreproc %F
>                    mhshow-show-message/rfc822: %lshow -file %F
>
>Pre-1.6, that used %p indicating a pause for confirmation.
>
>Is moreproc there really correct? Isn't it now essentially just cat with
>the moreproc being applied later for all parts together? And is show's
>use of moreproc also being suppressed?

Weeellll ... yeah, you're right.  That should be made clearer.  I think
if you specify -noconcat it will be moreproc, but it's a blank otherwise,
which is a marker to tell the display portion "just blast this straight
through".

>Also, I can't seem to be able to configure this by specifying the
>profile entry explicitly: cat is saying "file not found".

You're saying you tried:

mhshow-show-text/plain: %lcat %F

I would have thought that would have worked.  I just tried it, and it did
for me.

>I've also noticed that for messages that consist of just a single
>text/plain part, it is inconsistent on whether I get a part label. Most
>messages on this list are examples with no part label. I found an
>example that does produce a part label and it is quoted-printable
>encoded so perhaps that is making a difference. base64 and alternate
>charsets may also have the same effect. I've used mime -check on this
>message to try to enduce the effect.

I suspect the key there is a) you're using show, and b) the messages
that are not showing a marker do not have MIME headers.  In that case
show would never call mhshow.