Re: [Nmh-workers] Thoughts: header/address parsing

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Thoughts: header/address parsing
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2014 11:33:40 -0700

> Tons!  Mailers include
[...]

If my fuzzy memory is correct, the billing software we wrote at MessagingDirect
used to do something like

  From: Some Company <address@hidden> (Txid: 999-000-12345)

where the comment field contained a unique transaction ID.  We did it that way
because most MUAs print the <display-name> in the mailbox summary, in
preference to the <comment>.  This was circa 2000.  I don't know if it still
does that, or if anyone even uses that software any more.

--lyndon