Re: [Nmh-workers] Trying, and failing, to install the optional replyfilt

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Trying, and failing, to install the optional replyfilter
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 00:12:14 -0400

>Also, I had to use yum to install several non-standard perl modules.

Well, there's no standard as to what's standard ... those modules all ship
with the system-supplied perl here.  The other comments about the problems
gettng it running are well taken; clearly there are some documentation gaps.

>>Ken, is there a way to simplify this? Maybe provide a mhl.replyfilterc in etc
>>and move replyfilter to lib? Then the script could suggest just this one
>>step:

Sigh; that would give us a perl dependency; I wasn't really ready for that
just yet.

>What should nmh-1.7, do in about mime, in replying? I don't know. But I don't
>think that the answer is incorporating most of the options of mhshow into
>repl.

I had some thoughts on that here:

  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2014-06/msg00104.html