Re: [Nmh-workers] Feature requests (or explanation of how to do 'em if a

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Feature requests (or explanation of how to do 'em if already there)
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 11:26:46 +0100

Hi Ken,

> %<{delivered-to}%<(match address@hidden)
> From: Ken Hornstein <address@hidden>
> %(void(num 1))%|(void(num))%>%>
> %<(zero)\
> From: Ken Hornstein <address@hidden>
> %>

Assuming Jon's addresses are address@hidden then he might find
%(amatch) useful to match the start of the address for `jon-' and
%(host) to check just the domain part.  Best I can think of in lieu of a
%(globmatch) or %(rematch).  :-)  Might he also need %(decode)?  I
suspect that header can be MIME-encoded.

> If you can't really make it happen inside of repl using mh-format(5),
> you could write a wrapper to repl that sets an environment variable
> and uses %(getenv).

I have lots of nmh wrapper scripts.  I wonder if sometimes it would be
easier to have nmh do the initial hard work, parsing, expanding message
sequences, etc., then optionally call a program of my choice with a
well-defined, ideal for parsing, summary of what's been worked out,
allowing the program to filter it, and nmh then uses that filtered
output from there on.

Don't anyone mention X[^\0-LN-\377]L.