Re: [Nmh-workers] MH-W intro/help request

From: Erich Boleyn
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] MH-W intro/help request
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 12:04:57 -0800

Ken Hornstein writes:

> >Is any "whatnow" program supposed to just assume the draft is either the
> >appropriately named "draft" or "repl", or if a draft folder is involved,
> >assume it is the "cur" in that folder?
>
> FWIW, it seems that what other front-ends do is assume the draft is
> "cur" in the draft folder (exmh) or they try to manipulate the component
> file directly (MH-E, but that causes problems and they had to change
> it).  The -build switch was put into place for "comp" just for those
> front-ends, and I believe -build already has been in repl for a while
> now.
>
> It's not documented, unfortunately, but whatnow is called with the "mhdraft"
> environment variable pointed to the correct filename.

Thanks, I tried it and it works well!

Seems odd those other front-ends didn't try to do the same thing
I'm doing, but maybe the "mhdraft" env variable feature was added later
or they just aren't as Paranoid as I am.  ;-)

--
    Erich Stefan Boleyn     <address@hidden>     http://www.uruk.org/
"Reality is truly stranger than fiction; Probably why fiction is so popular"