Re: [Nmh-workers] Getting the location of the of the nmh executables fro

From: norm
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Getting the location of the of the nmh executables from a script
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 09:54:46 -0800

Neither 'command -v scan' nor 'which scan' works for me. I want to name the
script, from which I want to know where nmh's scan is located. "scan". I want
to know its location so I can invoke it. Of course, I know its location today,
/usr/local/nmh/bin/scan. But I would prefer something more robust. Again, I
could search, $PATH for a component containing "/nmh.", but how do I know that
in the future there won't be more than one such component, or that in the
future there will be any such component? All that depends on how I will
configure nmh in the future.