Re: [Nmh-workers] show message number scrolls off terminal?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] show message number scrolls off terminal?
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 11:29:46 +0000

Hi Ken,

> > after?  i suppose if your pager does the screen switch thing, then
> > it might appear to come after, but it's definitely being output
> > before.
>
> Oh, definitely, but the screen switching thing done by
> curses/termcap/terminfo for xterm.  I thought it was pretty
> standardized now

I turn it off.  Stupid idea.  I want what's displayed in less, vi, etc.,
to be left on the screen when I quit because it's often context for what
I want to continue to do at the command line.  One way is a personal
~/.terminfo/x/xterm, another is less's -X option, which can be in $LESS,
`set t_ti= t_te=' in ~/.vimrc, etc.

Andy, `s' is less to type than `show', given ~/bin/s.  Same for p→pick,
n→next, b→prev.  Also gives the opportunity to apply some local tweaks,
e.g.

    $ cat ~/bin/s
    #! /bin/bash

    noshow=