Re: [Nmh-workers] folder +./ # Blocks forever where ./ currently mounted

From: nmh
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] folder +./ # Blocks forever where ./ currently mounted by autofs (NFS4). (was firewall issue)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 19:24:50 -0500

On Fri 8/5/16 21:23 -0400 Ken wrote:
> It does occur to me that a firewall can interfere with RPC services, since
> you don't know what port the services will end up using; I see "nlockmgr"
> running on port 45923 and 43311 on your server, so maybe checking with
> tcpdump to see if your client is sending stuff to it and if it is actually
> getting received by the server would be useful.

It's working now.  Fedora 19 was *not* reading the port values per below config
file:

    /etc/sysconfig $ egrep -B1 '^LOCKD' nfs
    # TCP port rpc.lockd should listen on.
    LOCKD_TCPPORT=32803
    # UDP port rpc.lockd should listen on.
    LOCKD_UDPPORT=32769

Able to manually fix by running
    bash -x /usr/libexec/nfs-utils/scripts/nfs-lock.preconfig
        # Sources above 'nfs' config file and then runs:
        # /sbin/sysctl -w fs.nfs.nlm_tcpport=$LOCKD_TCPPORT # and another
sysctl for $LOCKD_UDPPORT.

This bug is not in fedora 23.

--
thanks,