Re: [Nmh-workers] Domain Leakage Despite -messageid random.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Domain Leakage Despite -messageid random.
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2017 16:10:58 +0000

Hi David,

> > > I'm not sure you can, in practice, guarantee that they are
> > > globally unique.
> >
> > Ditto Message-ID?
>
> Right, nmh doesn't have a way to generate a globally unique message or
> content ID.

OK, but I think Ken was pointing out duff Content-IDs are seen in
practice, I've received `htmlpart', for example, so my point was that
Message-IDs can also be poorly produced and that shouldn't weaken the
cause for either, instead stamp out the poor producers.

Relately, https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2392.txt allows the mid schema to
be `mid:messageid/contentid', but that's to help when indexing is only
on Message-ID rather than to cope with duplicate Content-ID.

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy