Re: [Nmh-workers] Incorporating RSS and Atom feeds

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Incorporating RSS and Atom feeds
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 08:38:42 -0400

>I have incorporated RSS and Atom feeds as MH messages so that I may read the
>feeds with nmh.
>https://pypi.python.org/pypi/fh
>https://thomaslevine.com/scm/fh/artifact/4f0dd5f8873a8d17
>
>Has someone else already written a better version of this? My implementation
>so far has only some of the features that I want.

I get torn about the idea of writing an external tool to interface with
things like that, or just making the backend talk to different stores.
I see the advantages and disadvantges of each.  In terms of technical
challenges, I think they are roughly equivalent; you need to keep track
of the same things.  nmh needs some serious rototilling to create an API
that can handle different backend stores ... sigh. Someday.