Re: [Nmh-workers] The first release candidate of nmh 1.7 is now availabl

From: Leonardo Taccari
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] The first release candidate of nmh 1.7 is now available!
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 14:18:10 +0200

Hello Ken,

Ken Hornstein writes:
> [...]
> I am pleased to announce that after three years we are finally starting
> the release cycle for nmh 1.7 and the first release candidate is now
> available!  You can download it here:
>
>     http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/nmh/nmh-1.7-RC1.tar.gz
>
> [...]

That's great! Thank you and to all nmh developers involved in it!

> The release has a large number of bug fixes and new features.  The NEWS
> file included in the distribution has a reasonably complete list of the
> significant changes.
>
> If you encounter any problems or issues with this release candidate, please
> don't hesitate to contact us at address@hidden

I have just updated the nmh pkgsrc package (mail/nmh) in pkgsrc-wip
to 1.7-RC1 - available as wip/nmh - to ease testing and then update
mail/nmh when it will be released.

For the moment I haven't find any problems/issues with 1.7-RC1 but
I'll surely report them (the only "issue" that maybe will bite
other nmh package maintainers was the configure's --sysconfdir (if
for previous release they already passed a nmh/ subdirectory, like
we did for pkgsrc) argument semantic change, but luckily it was
very easy to debug and documented in NEWS! :))

Thank you very much again!