Re: [Nmh-workers] The first release candidate of nmh 1.7 is now availabl

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] The first release candidate of nmh 1.7 is now available!
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 14:33:29 +0100

Hi Ken,

> I guess I was thinking if the concern is the distribution has been
> compromised by attackers they could produce a bogus hash file, but not
> a GPG signature (at least hopefully not one signed by me).

True, but some won't bother with checking a GPG signature, is it `gpg
--verify foo.sig foo'?, but will run sha1sum(1) or similar, so the more
the merrier.  And it's more being able to check this file is complete
and correct, especially if I've dredged it up some years later and want
to check it's the right, final, one.  They'd have to modify your
announcement email too.

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy