Re: [Nmh-workers] proposed patch for shell metacharacter failure in nmh-

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] proposed patch for shell metacharacter failure in nmh-1.7
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 08:48:09 -0500

Steven wrote:

> But the error message I received specifically mentioned the parentheses,

That's just where the shell ran into trouble.

The decoded text is:

    'SEAO - Résultats d'\'ouverture (002).pdf

mhshowsbr added the first two single quotes, the second in the wrong (the
way things are now) place.  And escaping the existing single doesn't help.
I'm not sure there's a good way to fix this.  Maybe this?

   'SEAO - Résultats d'"'"'ouverture (002).pdf'

> >They aren't [case sensitive], we should note that in the ma[n] page.

Done.