Re: [Nmh-workers] Where are we at for 1.7.1?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Where are we at for 1.7.1?
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 19:21:51 +0000

Hi Ken,

> > You're thinking those without it, e.g. Andy, could easily get iconv
> > with a package install?
>
> Yeah ... I am kind of surprised OpenBSD doesn't ship with iconv

If I'm looking in the right place,
http://openports.se/converters/libiconv suggests it's no longer a
package but a LIB_DEPENDS pulls it in.

> Like I said, it's part of POSIX so I think requiring it is perfectly
> reasonable.

True, we've gone full POSIX in other ways, e.g. C99.

> Maybe he does have it and our autoconf tests are wrong; if that's the
> case we should spend our energy on fixing that.

Yep.

> > I'm doing that.  I ./configure'd like normal and then s/1/0/ in
> > Makefile and config.h for HAVE_ICONV.  All went well with `make
> > all', one test was skipped with `make check', but one test failed in
> > test/mhshow/test-charset, and I'm not sure why.
>
> I think this just bolsters my arguments :-)

Not really, that was more a request for help from anyone that might
recall that area.  That it produces the extra byte might be unconnected
to the HAVE_ICONV setting.  Perhaps the commit changed the test to cope
with 10 and 11 simply to match observations.  :-)

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy