nss-mysql-users

[Nss-mysql-users] lastchange_column

From: Nick De Decker
Subject: [Nss-mysql-users] lastchange_column
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 00:36:53 +0200

Hello,

I enabled shadow support and created a database nss_mysql with 2 tables,
passwd and shadow and edited the nss-mysql.conf and nss-mysql-root.conf
config files.
Now my question is : does nss-mysql need a password field in my "passwd"
table when shadow is enabled, or can i just delete the
"users.password_column" line in nss-mysql.conf ? Or will this ocassionaly
crash my system during lockups ?

Isn't there a sample.sql dump which allready includes the shadow-fields.
What datatype should i use for the lastchanged field in my database?

Another thing : is there a way to prevent users to see login and pass in the
nss-mysql.conf ? I guess not ?

Nick