nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] pam_mysql and nss_mysql

From: Mario Ohnewald
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] pam_mysql and nss_mysql
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:27:04 +0100 (MET)

> Do you have an /etc/pam.d/ directory?

yup

> create/edit pam.conf-style config files for specific services - ftp, ssh,
> etc.

In my ssh config file, i have:
----------------------------------

# PAM configuration for the Secure Shell service

# Disallow non-root logins when /etc/nologin exists.
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
# Read environment variables from /etc/environment and
# /etc/security/pam_env.conf.
auth       required     pam_env.so # [1]

# Standard Un*x authentication.
@include common-auth

# Standard Un*x authorization.
@include common-account

# Standard Un*x session setup and teardown.
@include common-session

# Print the message of the day upon successful login.
session    optional     pam_motd.so # [1]

# Print the status of the user's mailbox upon successful login.
session    optional     pam_mail.so standard noenv # [1]

# Set up user limits from /etc/security/limits.conf.
session    required     pam_limits.so

# Standard Un*x password updating.
@include common-password

--------- END --------------

So therefore it included common-passwd.
Although, i only added the stuff to auth and account.

from the readme:
-----------------------
Pam_Mysql Version 0.5

To try this, you need PAM to already be installed and working and have a
MySQL server up and running as well. I typically copy the pam_mysql.so to
/lib/security and make the proper changes to /etc/pam.d/ and /etc/pam.conf

An example of a simple config file:
auth       optional     pam_mysql.so user=root passwd=password
account    required     pam_mysql.so user=root passwd=password

Does that mean i need to add those auth and account lines to every single
line for each service/pam file?

Cheers, Mario

1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail