nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Localizer only works for western languages (iso-88

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Localizer only works for western languages (iso-8859-1)
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 19:57:15 +0200

Milos Prudek wrote:

The language change form is located in the top right corner.
If someone would look at it and give me any pointers why it fails, I would be grateful.

It works here, with Mozilla 0.9.9 and Netscape 4.7.7

Yeah. I'm sorry. I was using a webcache wwwoffle and it was returining the same page over and over.

Localizer rocks!

Ops, caching is one of the big areas that need to be adressed,
support for the Vary tag should be provided. Unfortunately, it
can't deal well with cookies.

The safest is to include the language in the URL, for example:

 http://www.example.com/en/a/b/c

And reimplement changeLanguage to change the path instead of a
cookie.

Of course Localizer only should make this easier, it's the
developer who must decide the language negotiation policy. The
CVS version is already a step in this direction.

Well, something to work on when I get time in an unknown future.

--
J. David Ibáñez, Nuxeo.com
Zope developer (http://www.zope.org)