nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Localizer only works for western languages (iso-88

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Localizer only works for western languages (iso-8859-1)
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 16:32:55 +0200

Milos Prudek wrote:

> Well, something to work on when I get time in an unknown future.

If only I knew Zope insides better I would help you. Localizer deserves to have a community of developers.

Raising community takes time. Look at exUserFolder. The original author spent more than a year developing it himself, making a new version at least every week (!), but now finally he has at least one person helping. And helping substantially - doing more commits than the original author.

Localizer is already more than one year old. The situation has
improved since I created the mailing list, I should have done
it before.

I'll tempt all you again ;-), here is a list of areas to work on:

 - Development.

   There're big topics like unicode and caching, and small
   features like fixing the changeLanguageForm so it also
   works without javascript.

   The big topics would deserve a branch in the CVS, small
   changes can be commited directly to the head or sent as
   patches to the tracker at SF or to the mailing list.

   The required knowledge depends on the desired change.

 - Documentation.

   This is the big thing that remains to be done for 0.9.0,
   the whole documentation has been redisgined, and just needs
   to be written.

 - Graphic design.

   In the CVS the meta types Localizer and LocalFolder have the
   same icon, I would like a new one for the Localizer meta type.

 - Translations.

   For the ZMI screens of Localizer (PO files) or for the documentation
   (LocalContent objects). For the documentation is better to wait
   to the new version.

If somebody wants to have write access to the CVS, just tell me your
id in SourceForge.

--
J. David Ibáñez, Nuxeo.com
Debian user (http://www.debian.org)