nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Localizer

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Localizer
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 17:33:08 +0200

Bert Haver (office) wrote:

Hi,
I'm a newbe with Localizer and have a few problems and questions:

    * After installing Localizer I experience a problem when I add a
      Localizer object and want to enter it I'm getting the
      message: 'Zope has encountered a problem publishing your object.
      The object at http://www.encaps.nl:8080/BlaBla/MyLocalizer has
      an empty or missing docstring. Objects must have a docstring to
      be published. We're using Zope 2.5 with Python 2.2 under Suse
      Linux 8.0

Using Python 2.2 with Zope is maybe not a good idea.

Please, can you send me the traceback (the source of the web page)?
and, which version of Localizer are you using?

    * I seems that everybody is migrating from DTML to Page Templates
      using TAL. In the examples that i've found on the Nuxeo site
      it's still DTML. I know that DMTL is not dead but I do see the
      benefits of using TAL instead of DTML. Are there examples and
      implementations for Localizer using TAL?

Not everybody.

At the bottom of the page:

 http://www.j-david.net/software/localizer/guide/tutorial/lesson0

There's an example with PageTemplates, it's about using the message
catalog:

   Hello world!

Tell me what exactly do you want to do.

Regards,

--
J. David Ibáñez, http://www.j-david.net
Software Engineer / Ingénieur Logiciel / Ingeniero de Software