nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Work-around for potentiall poEdit bug

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Work-around for potentiall poEdit bug
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 00:11:24 +0100

Johan Carlsson [EasyPublisher] wrote:

Hi,
I have encountered a problem with .mo files created with poEdit.

It seams that poEdit creates .mo files containing null characters.

I'm not sure if this is disallowed or if it's a bug in poEdit.

After examining the gettext.py in Python, it opens .mo files binary,
so this should be considered a bug in Localizer.

Should I send the patch or can I get developer access Localizer and I'll commit it my self?
(My sourceforge id is: johanc)

DIFF:
   It's in row 58 of LocalFiles.py

    -            f = open(filename)
   +            f = open(filename, 'rb')

I couldn't find any other files opening .mo files, but I might have missed it.

Regards,
Johan Carlsson

Thanks Johan, you're a developer now, please commit in "branch-1-0",
(yes, MO files can have null characters).

Regards,

--
J. David Ibáñez, http://www.j-david.net
Software Engineer / Ingénieur Logiciel / Ingeniero de Software