oath-toolkit-help

Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] libtoolize broken in 1.8.*

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] libtoolize broken in 1.8.*
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 18:23:55 +0200

Mitya <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for timely releases! 1.6.4 builds and works pretty well. But in
> 1.8.* series there has been introduced an issue with libtoolize, which
> fails with the following message:
>
> libtoolize: AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4]) conflicts with ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS=-I
> gl/m4.
>
> Again, it's very important to be able to libtoolize the package. Distros
> force libtoolize to install updated libtool scripts that may implement
> some custom library policies (for instance, Mandriva policy is "no
> underlinking for shared libraries with the exception of plugins").

Hi again.  I hope it is fixed in master now, for the next release.

However could you tell me how you triggered this?  This sequence of
commands works for me:

address@hidden:~/src$ tar xfz releases/oath-toolkit/oath-toolkit-1.8.1.tar.gz
address@hidden:~/src$ cd oath-toolkit-1.8.1/
address@hidden:~/src/oath-toolkit-1.8.1$ autoreconf -fvi

Perhaps it depends on versions.  Which autoconf, automake and libtool
version are you using?  I'm using autoconf 2.67 and automake 1.11.1 from
Debian squeeze and my own build of libtool 2.2.10.

/Simon