oath-toolkit-help

Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] OATH Toolkit 2.6.0

From: David Woodhouse
Subject: Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] OATH Toolkit 2.6.0
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 21:11:05 +0100

On Tue, 2015-05-19 at 21:35 +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Would you be ok with doing this in a separate library, say, liboathpskc,
> or something?  (Then I could move the liboath usersfile handling to that
> library too, which is something I have been wanting to drop from
> liboath.)

Yes, absolutely. I think that makes sense.

> > Somewhat more out of scope, but it would also be *really* neat to be
> > able to import tokens from other things, like the Java monstrosity that
> > is McAfee Pledge :)
>
> If the higher library was a bit more generic, that would be fine.  Right
> now it would feel ugly to add that to libpskc.

Agreed.

>  It should probably not
> be called liboathpskc then, but maybe something like libotp or lib2fa or
> something.  I suspect there is some overlap with other existing projects
> there though, but I'm happy to reinvent the wheel if there isn't a
> suitable wheel around.

I am not aware of a suitable existing wheel. It'd be great to have
something higher-level that makes use of liboath/libpskc and perhaps
also libstoken — and I can donate my Yubikey OATH code from
http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/openconnect.git/blob/HEAD:/yubikey.c under
any reasonable licence that's required too.

address@hidden                              Intel Corporation