Re: Loading in hdf5 format skips every other variable.

From: Thomas Walter
Subject: Re: Loading in hdf5 format skips every other variable.
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:43:32 +0200

>>>>> "John" == John W Eaton <address@hidden> writes:

Hello,
Excuse me, I did no snip to have the problem included.

    John> | > [snip]
    John> | >
    John> | >     Joao> I'm using today plain cvs Octave version.
    John> | >
    John> | > Interesting.  I updated octave from CVS yesterday and compiled it.
    John> | > Then 'make check' reports 53 errors.  All in
'octave.test/zero-one'.
    John> | > The message is always:
    John> | >     error: logical not defined for type 'range'
    John> | >
    John> | > Anybody an idea?
    John> |
    John> | well, either you or I have problems with cvs...

    John> | FAIL: octave.test/poly/residue-1.m
    John> |                 === octave Summary ===
    John> |
    John> | # of expected passes            1251
    John> | # of unexpected failures        1
    John> | ../src/octave version 2.1.30 (i686-pc-sco3.2v5.0.4)
    John> |
    John> | the failed test is related with a loss of precision in eig(), due
to an
    John> | earlier  Octave change to lapack-3. It occours in sco and irix, if I
    John> | remember correctly.
    John> |
    John> | Joao
    John> |
    John> | PS-yes, now I remember that on one of the last cvs updates that I
did, I
    John> | had to manualy remove a series of directories (I remember a serie of
    John> | directories under scripts/control), because cvs complained that it
could
    John> | not found Entries.log !?

    John> I don't know what could have caused this problem for you.

I assume Joao refers to some files in 'scripts/control' which are used
to compile some '*.cc' files to '.oct' files for speedup.  It looks
like a broken/interupted comit.

    John> I just checked out a fresh copy from the anonymous cvs area and ran

    John>   ./autogen.sh ; make ; make check

    John> On a Linux system with gcc 2.95.x and all the tests passed.

I solved the problem.  I bumped the version number in 'src/version.h'
to '2.1.31'.  If it stays at '2.1.30' and you have an older version of
'octave-2.1.30' installed then I think the linker takes the wrong
shared libraries if I make 'make check' without installing.
Nevertheless all checks passed with the usual one from above.

Bye
Thomas

--
Was gibt sieben mal sieben?  Ganz feinen Sand. 8-)

Dipl. Phys. Thomas Walter
Inst. f. Physiklische Chemie II
Egerlandstr. 3                          Tel.: ++9131-85 27326 / 27330
91058 Erlangen, Germany                 email: address@hidden