Re: Working patch for FFTW 3.0.x and Nd FFT's

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Working patch for FFTW 3.0.x and Nd FFT's
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:43:35 -0700

John W. Eaton wrote:

Unfortunately, there is no warning about the size of the workspace.
In this case, it turned into a 189MB file (text format -- maybe that
should also be changed?), which took 10-15 seconds to save to a
relatviely fast local disk.

Being bitten by ~1Gb octave-core few times myself, could we have some
equivalent of "ulimit -c" which limits size of octave_core?
May be just extend crash_dumps_octave_core to indicate
size in MB (this way current default "1" will not be completely
meaningless)?

Changing default format to octave-binary make sense IMHO.
Problem with binary formats is that they are not as robust
as text files, but I do not think those core files that
valuable to worry that much about them.

Sincerely,

Dmitri.