Re: Profiling Octave

From: JD Cole
Subject: Re: Profiling Octave
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:26:23 -0800

Hi,
Check the capitals on the text which Clinton provides and the case of the text coming from within octave: one is lower, the other upper. So that's probably not the source of the message. I did some digging around on Google and found reference to this error on other mailing lists, however, no one seemed to discuss the real origin of it aside from changing something in the Linux kernel, but I have a feeling that's not the solution.

JD

Przemek Klosowski wrote:

From Paul's recent email see below, I get the impression that octave can be compiled with gprof (-pg). However, when I build octave, it compiles successfully (I think) with the -pg but when I run it, I get:

  /home/chee/programs/octave-2.1.57$>src/octave
  panic: Profiling timer expired -- stopping myself...

WHich version of Octave are you compiling? The message appears to be printed by sighandlers.cc, and the odd thing is that it is
in a section conditionally compiled for a SUN platform:

#ifdef sun
 "profiling timer expired",               /* 29 SIGPROF */

Maybe something wrong happens during autoconfiguration?