Mailing list for CVS activity

From: John W. Eaton
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:21:28 -0400

On 10-Aug-2004, Rafael Laboissiere <address@hidden> wrote:

| Does a mailing list for automatic notification of CVS activity for Octave
| exist?

No.

| If not, it would be great to create one with public archive.

Why is it needed?

| Also,
| the messages could be in the same format as JWE uses, i.e. a ChangeLog
| excerpt followed by a unified context patch.

I don't put anything in the cvs log when I check in changes, and
sometimes the ChangeLog entries for a batch of changes are checked in
separately from the source changes, which might also be checked in in
several chunks.  So it is not clear to me when mail should be sent.

Also, I don't have time to do the work to set all this up.