Nonlinear programming using interval constraints - a proposal

From: Belaid MOA
Subject: Nonlinear programming using interval constraints - a proposal
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:53:34 -0600

Dear maintainers,

 Please consider this email as a proposal.
I noticed that octave does not have any support for linear programming. I recently developed open source software called SHRINC that uses interval constraints to solve nonlinear systems and optimization problems.

Interval constraints is a set of techniques that combine both intervals and constraints. The calculations under these techniques are done using intervals, and in such way that no solution is lost (based on changing the rounding modes of the FPU). The actual solutions are to be found in the intervals computed.

My proposal is to incorporate SHRINC or its techniques into Octave. I am willing to try to do so but
I need your confirmation.

I would really appreciate if you can let me know what you think about this: Is this goes with you plans? Is this possible? Is this goes with the sipirt of your project? ...

With best regards.
Belaid Moa.