Re: source control management for Octave

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: source control management for Octave
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:10:54 +0200

Rafael Laboissiere wrote:

* Andy Adler <address@hidden> [2005-10-18 08:51]:

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, David Bateman wrote:

Could we have an SSL connection as well on a standard port. The reason
is that I'm behind a firewall at work and can't ssh out, and can't use
https to anything except standard ports.
To do this, I need to remove apache-1.3 and install 2.0. However,
this machine supports an application through 1.3, and it'll take
time to debug the switchover.

I am running both apache1.3 and apache 2.0 in my system.  All you have to do
is to make them listen to different ports.  I have here:

   $ cat /etc/apache2/ports.conf
   Listen 8099

If you do this, the URL for the SVN will have to be changed to something
like this:

   address@hidden:8099/octave/

Don't both doing that Andy, Motorola's firewall also blocks outgoing SSL connections to non standard ports. This is only a test server in any case, and I can easily play with it from home. We can install the svn ra_dav module later on a standard port, when and if the svn repository moves to a permanent home.

Cheers
David

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary