Re: new version of gsvd

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: new version of gsvd
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 12:10:13 +0200

Pascal Dupuis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the pleasure to send a revision of the gsvd routine, which
> David included in octave-forge/main/linear-algebra.
>
> Main changes:
> - only returns the non-trivial extended singular values, no padding
> with ones and 0
> - If called with a 6th output arg, returns R such that
>   U'*A*X = C*R; V'*B*X = S*R
> - works correctly if the number of rows of A is smaller than the
> number of columns of B
> - a case test, test_gsvd.m, has been included. It verifies the basic
> properties on all cases of possible rank-deficiencies: rank(A) <
> rank(B), rank(B) < rank(A), rank([A' B']) < min(rows([A' B']),
> columns([A' B'])). Real and Complex computations are tested.
> - updated the doc
>
> Todo: I don't know that much about texinfo, the 'help gsvd' complains
> and display the raw code. There is some issue with tags opening and
> closing, I can't figure it.
>
> Best regards
>
> Pascal Dupuis

Pascal,

I have very poor connection to sourceforge at the moment as I can't
commit from work and don't have a working modem at home. Therefore, I
propose to add your sourceforge id to octave-forge and can you commit
these changes yourself.. What is your sourceforge ID?

Regards
David

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only