Re: Mex Extensions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Mex Extensions
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 01:32:13 -0500

On 10-Jan-2007, David Bateman wrote:

| To address this we might modify defun.cc(install_mex_function) to also
| call parse.y(get_help_from_file) and associate the help string from the
| m-file with the symbol record of the mex-function. The construct for
| octave_mex_function would also then need modifying to accept the help
| string.. Consider the attached patch..

If we do this, then what happens if the .m file changes but the .mex
has not?  I think you would get the old doc string (the one associated
with the function loaded from the .mex file).  This could be somewhat
confusing, so maybe we should just change the function that reports the
name of the file to also look for .mex or .oct files and display that
name if the corresponding .m file only contains comments?