Re: Octave/Win32 update

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: Octave/Win32 update
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 21:12:36 +0100

> A new version of octave for Win32 has been made available, see
> http://www.dbateman.org/?page=octave&lang=EN

I have downloaded and installed the octave package, along with msvc8 and
microsoft sdk.
When I try to compile the hello.cc from the /example directory in the source
code I get the follwing error message:

C:\programs\Octave\bin> mkoctfile c:\temp\hello.cc
hello.cc
c:\programs\octave\include\octave-2.9.9+\octave\ov.h(34) : fatal error C1083:
Cannot open include file: 'hdf5.h': No such file or directory
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'c:\temp\hello.o'

searching the installation tree yields that there is no hdf5.h header, also no
fftw header files.
Aren't these headers supposed to be present, or am I missing something here?
Does one need to install additional packaegs to be able to compile oct files?

benjamin
Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail