Re: Updating glpk binding to GLPK 4.15

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: Updating glpk binding to GLPK 4.15
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:48:04 +0100

* John W. Eaton <address@hidden> [2007-02-20 01:56]:

> I only see 4.11 in Debian testing now, [...]

The chances that 4.15 enter testing are very low, because Debian testing
(a.k.a. etch) is frozen.  The version of octave2.9 currently in testing
(2.9.9-8) does work with glpk 4.11.  I will soon release glpk 4.15 to Debian
experimental, but it will probably end up in the NEW queue and take some
time before entering unstable.

In the meanwhile, pre-packages are available at
http://people.debian.org/~rafael/glpk/

> so please fix this patch so that Octave can continue to use older versions
> of glpk. If necessary, we can check for the features in the configure
> script, but I think it would be better if you can do it with preprocessor
> macro checks in the __glpk__.cc file itself.

Okay, I will try to propose a patch later today.

--
Rafael