RE: RE: RE: 2.9.9+ for Windows

From: michael . goffioul
Subject: RE: RE: RE: 2.9.9+ for Windows
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:51:18 +0100

Just one question: why don't you re-open the file for reading in
binary mode? This is required under Windows (at least in the
version you have, apparently there's a bug to fix here). I tried
on my system and I indeed get incorrect results if I don't read
the file in binary mode.

Michael.

Dear Michael Goffioul,

Thank you so much for your quick response. The file opened is of binary format:

% 'wb' -write binary.

% 'ieee-(b/l)e' - IEEE floating point with endianbyte ordering

% and32-bit data type.

[ignore ignoreendian] = computer;

storeFormat = sprintf('ieee-%se', lower(endian));

[fid, message] = fopen(sdgOPath, 'wb', storeFormat);

Later, the same file is opened for readingas follows:

[fid, message] = fopen(fullfile(OPATH, SDGO, filename), 'r');

Please let me know if you would like me toresend our script set.

Kind thanks,

Theresa

Theresa Meuse

MIT Lincoln Laboratory