IDE for octave

From: Nicolas Pettiaux
Subject: IDE for octave
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:41:42 +0200

2007/6/14, John Swensen <address@hidden>:
John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 14-Jun-2007, Shai Ayal wrote:
>
> | If you mean an integrated development environment (IDE), have a look
> | at octave-workshop
> | http://www.math.mcgill.ca/loisel/octave-workshop/

For anyone who is still interested, I probably still work on it about an
hour every 2 weeks and the code is available through Sourceforge at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/octavede.

Thank you all for restarting this thread of discussion and providing
some solutions.

As I have proposed, and obtained that we used Octave instead of matlab
as a tool for the teaching of numerical analysis at the Universite
libre de Bruxelles - Applied sciences faculty, it is rather critical
that it appears as a nice and well functionning tool.

The IDE is moderately necessary, but would be very welcomed, but the
graph  zooming function with the mouse *is* needed as it is currently
used in matlab and considered as necessary.

We shall use octave on ubuntu feisty.

Any help to make sure that the best environnement will indeed be
available wold be much welcomed.

Best regards,

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Pettiaux - email: address@hidden
Utiliser des formats ouverts et des logiciels libres -