Re: update on class objects for Octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: update on class objects for Octave
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:36:29 -0400

On 29-Jun-2007, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| I have no direct need for objects, but I have been wanting to play with
| the FDA (Functional Data Analysis) package provided by Ramsay &
| Silverman, http://ego.psych.mcgill.ca/misc/fda/. This software uses
| objects a _lot_, so I thought I'd give it a test run. It would seem that
| it uses 'superiorto', so it doesn't work :-(
| I don't know how common it is to use 'superiorto', but the software that
| I've found to be of interest uses it...

The software that I need to get running only uses superiorto in one
instance, and it is a useless case:

  superiorto ('double');

so I have so far (this morning) done enough to support this, but it
still doesn't handle setting precedence relationships among
user-defined classes.  It should not be that hard, but for the
contract I have it is a low priority item.