Re: How to launch Octave with its GUI ?

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: How to launch Octave with its GUI ?
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 06:13:53 +0300

On 8/2/07, John Swensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> See my patch from
> http://www.nabble.com/Proposed-patch-for-threadsafe-access-to-octave-internal-data-tf4080964.html
> No one ever commented on it, so for the time being I am just going to
> put it in my program and register for the octave_rl_event_hook()
> callback to determine when octave is idle at the prompt.

I have a feeling that the rl_event_hook is going to be heavily used in
the near future by several in-the-works GUI components. I suggest we
implement a mechanism which will allow several hooks to be registered
at once.  I will try to implement this, but it will take me sometime,
so if anyone can do it faster, please do.

Shai