Re: Patch to add axis position property

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Patch to add axis position property
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:05:04 -0400

On 10-Aug-2007, Peter Gustafson wrote:

| The __go_draw_axes__ patch is much more significant in terms of the
| number of lines changed, since I'm passing an axis location for each of
| the gnuplot set statements, but I don't think it tears anything up.  The
| changes of substance are that the usingclause now specifies an axes, and
| the do_tics_1 function is called for each x1,x2,y1,y2 regardless of the
| properties.

OK.  If you'll fix a few things, I think I can apply this patch.

| +     if (strcmpi(axis_obj.xaxislocation,"top"))
| +       xaxisloc="x2";
| +       xaxisloc_using="x2";

Please follow the existing style of Octave code.

     if (strcmpi (axis_obj.xaxislocation, "top"))
       xaxisloc = "x2";
       xaxisloc_using = "x2";

etc.

| !       fputs (plot_stream, sprintf("set grid %stics;\n",xaxisloc));

Instead of fputs+sprintf, use fprintf directly:

     fprintf (plot_stream, "set grid %stics;\n", xaxisloc));

| !   if strcmp(obj.xaxislocation,"top")

Even though it is not required, please use () around IF or WHILE
conditions.

Also, please submit ChangeLog entries for your changes.

Thanks,