Re: Comparing speed of Octave binaries on cygwin

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Comparing speed of Octave binaries on cygwin
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 09:54:45 +0200

On 9/4/07, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:
> Using Oregonator ODE (source was placed at the end of the
> mail), we compare the solving time
>
> octave 2.9.13 built with  gcc-3.4.4-3 in cygwin package
> octave:1> testOregoB
> ans =  9.2500
>
> octave 2.1.73 binary in cygwin package
> octave:1> testOregoB
> ans = 7.0930
>
> my testing binary built specially confgiured gcc.
> octave:1> testOregoB
> ans =  2.7030

Just for the record, I tested your script on my MSVC-built version
and compared to your cygwin-compiled version. While the cygwin
version gives 2.8440, the MSVC version gives 4.1875. However,
the MSVC version I used contains debugging info. An optimized
version (a 2.9.12+ test package I still have installed) gives 1.8438.

Michael.