Re: [unclassified] Re: improved __contourc__.cc + filled contours

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: [unclassified] Re: improved __contourc__.cc + filled contours
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 14:24:31 +0200

On 10/17/07, Kai Habel <address@hidden> wrote:
> Shai Ayal schrieb:

> >> [cut]
> >>
> >> Thanks for your report. Can you elaborate more on the gnuplot errors you
> >> have observed. What input and how often could you trigger the error (~
> >> every 2nd or every 100th run) ? I ask, because I haven't seen gnuplot
> >> errors since I use gnuplot 4.3-cvs.
> >>

> > I am using gnuplot 4.2.2 as downloaded from the gnuplot website.
> > gnuplot --version:
> > gnuplot 4.2 patchlevel 2
> >
> > I attach a teminal capture of an octave session complete with errors.
> > I also attach the script I run, which is basically the test script Kai
> > provided. Note that I pressed C-c somewhere inthe middle of the script
> > because I felt I had enough ...
> > I used 2.9.15+ from cvs and the __contourc__ & contourf provided in this
> > thread
> >
> > Shai
> >
> Thanks,
>
> I cannot reproduce this bug here. How often can you trigger this error?
> Only once, or every 10th invocation, or ...
>
> I have modified the script a bit and ran the following command in octave
> without any errors.
> for i=1:1000, test_cf2,end
>
> This was with gnuplot4.2.2 and the current gnuplot-cvs. In addtion I
> tried the x11 and the wxt terminal - no problems as well.

OK, I tired again with current octave cvs (with your functions already
in cvs) and the script works fine with gnuplot 4.2.2, wxt & x11, no
problems at all.
My previous reported errors might be because I used the installed
version of octave instead of the cvs version -- i.e. I forgot to run
octave with "./run-octave" but used "octave" instead. I'm not sure,
but it works now so it doesn't really matter

sorry for the confusion,
Shai