Re: proposed patch for ismember.m

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: proposed patch for ismember.m
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 21:44:28 -0500

On Nov 7, 2007, at 3:37 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On  6-Nov-2007, Ben Abbott wrote:

| I started with Søren's recent work on ismember.m, and believe we now
| have a Matlab compatible implementation of ismember.m
|
| The texinfo has been updated and several new tests have been added.
|
| I've attached the patch (which I hope is constructed properly) and a
| ChangeLog.
|
| In the event, the patch doesn't take, please give me explicit
| instructions for how it should be created. I created the patch using
|
|       cvs diff -u > ismember.patch
|
| from the root directory of my CVS copy of octave.

I didn't look closely at the patch, but in order to simplify things, I
think I would prefer to have a version of this function that uses the
form I outlined here:

https://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/2007-November/ 003789.html

It would simplify things and also once we have objects, we can move
the cell_ismember function to @cell/ismember.m and let Octave do the
dispatching.

jwe

Please take a look at this patch, and let me know if the separation if sufficient.