Re: difference between path / pathdef

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: difference between path / pathdef
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 07:29:50 -0500

On Jan 17, 2008, at 3:46 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 15-Jan-2008, John W. Eaton wrote:

| On 15-Jan-2008, Ben Abbott wrote:
|
| | ## A path definition in the user octaverc has precedence over the site
| |   if numel (user_pathscript)
| |     try
| |       eval (user_pathscript);
| |       val = path;
| |     catch
| | warning (['Path defined in ',user_octaverc,' produced an error'])
| |     end_try_catch
|
| I think we should try to avoid the eval here.  What is the format of
| user_pathscript?

I checked in the following changes to avoid eval and to also try to
properly handle paths that contain single quote characters.

Is __extractpath__ only expected to be used in pathdef?  If so, why
not make it a subfunction of pathdef instead of having it in a
separate file?

jwe

I was originally hoping to share the code with savepath.m.

Ben