Re: No menu in FAQ on the web

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: No menu in FAQ on the web
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 20:39:50 +0100

fre, 21 03 2008 kl. 15:29 -0400, skrev John W. Eaton:
> The FAQ sources are in the Octave sources, in
> doc/faq/Octave-FAQ.texi.  So yes, it is generated from the Texinfo
> source file.  Having it in Texinfo is nice because it is possible to
> generate a number of different output formats (PS, PDF, HTML, Info,
> etc.).
Most of the Octave-Forge web pages are generated from Texinfo sources as
well. We have some scripts that remove the header from the
makeinfo-generated pages and replace them with our own headers. This
works fairly well for Octave-Forge (I think we have a pretty decent
site), but it does add some complexity. Do you want something like that?
We can probably reuse the scripts from Octave-Forge.

Søren