Re: Plot command sequence behavior

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Plot command sequence behavior
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 22:58:19 -0400

Daniel J Sebald wrote:
I want to confirm the behavior of plot commands. I've noticed that doing a "plot()" wipes away the settings for plot elements. For example, I get

title("hi");
<a plot appears with no data but a title saying "hi">
plot([0:50]);
<the plot is updated with the data appearing, but the title "hi" is gone>

This isn't very nice. It means after setting up a bunch of plot elements a fresh "plot()" to change the data means having to re-enter the plot elements.

Is the above behavior correct?

Dan
Hi Dan,

I think that it is. I think that to get the behavior that you want you would want to do

title("hi")
hold on
plot([0:50]);

Have a good day,