Re: improved matrix_type check

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: improved matrix_type check
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 21:22:17 +0200

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 8:53 PM, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
>> attached is the improved matrix_type check remade against newest
>> mainstream repo.
>> Compiles and make check's.
>> I've noticed that float sparse matrices are not supported. Will they?
>
> I hesitated to do that, but I don't see why not to add that except for
> the work it implies.

I didn't mean my question as asking for them. I guessed that part of
the reason was the fact that UMFPack et al. doesn't support single
precision, so the linear algebra stuff would have to be done via
conversion anyway. OTOH, single precision support available for BLAS,
LAPACK, FFTW and libraries in libcruft.

> It seems to me that float sparse matrices are
> probably more useful than float matrices.

Why?

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert