Re: improved matrix_type check

From: dbateman
Subject: Re: improved matrix_type check
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 13:42:25 -0700 (PDT)

Jaroslav Hajek-2 wrote:

> But you can say the same for dense matrices. I don't see why
> stretching your memory to its limits should be more common with sparse
> matrices.

Ok given it depends on the person and their problem. But if that's the case
single precision sparse matrices are as useful as full ones.

> Another concern may be speed - especially if it's memory traffic that
> slows the computations down.

True, but the same is true for full matrices as well. Ok I give up single
precision full matrices are as useful as single precision sparse matrices
:-)

Cheers
David