Re: Locking graphics system - GUI/octave synchronization

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Locking graphics system - GUI/octave synchronization
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:42:49 -0400

On 17-Jul-2008, Michael Goffioul wrote:

| On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:35 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
| > OK, I applied the event_management patch.
|
| Did you push it? I can't see it on http://www.octave.org/hg/octave

After applying this patch, calls to the system function don't seem to
return a zero exit status, even when I'm pretty sure that the command
must be returning zero.  For example, I see

  octave:1> system ("ls")
  [...]
  ans =  11

and

  octave:1> system ("/bin/bash -c 'exit 0'")
  ans =  11

Is anyone else seeing this problem?  Is there a simple fix?  If not,
I'll have to remove this patch for the upcoming snapshot.