Re: succcessful to build octave-3.1.51 with full components on mingw

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: succcessful to build octave-3.1.51 with full components on mingw
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 09:27:00 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:

> Wouldn't it be a good thing that you work together with Benjamin to provide a
> single MinGW-based version of octave instead of having 2 unfinished/alpha
> versions?
>
> Michael.

I think that it is preferrable to me to join with Benjamin.
However the strategies of making binary are quite different between my way and
his one.

My idea is the following:
I will stop to upgrade my octave-3.0.x on mingw any more.
Of course personally I will challege to build it when the new version source is
released and
report results.  In the sense I will be a building tester of octave for mingw.
It is because programing skill of Bebjamin is much better than mine, he should
be a official
maintainer of the mingw release.
Some knowledge of the octave-forge package supports, I perhaps have proceeding
expreriences.
I am willing to provide the information to Benjamin.
In my mind, I would like to catch up with the latest development release of the
octave.
For the 3.1 branch, I would like to challege to build them and release the
binary on my web.

I would like to hear some comments on this matter.

Regards.

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/