Re: octave contributing guidelines

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: octave contributing guidelines
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:06:05 -0400

On 26-Aug-2008, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| And here it is. I didn't make further editing (because that way I
| could put it off forever), so perhaps some things may need to be
| adjusted.

I applied the changeset.  I'll try to take a look at the actual text
soon.  Until then, I would be happy to see other contributions to this
file.

| An instance is CamelCasing. The current state seems to be that
| CamelCasing is only used for class names in the liboctave "API":
| Matrix, FloatMatrix, ComplexSVD etc.
| Since this sounds like a reasonable guideline, I suggest sticking to
| it and formalizing it in contrib.txi.

These names were influenced by my reading of the libg++ sources around
1990 and I don't think I would make the same choice now.  I'd prefer
to not add any more classes with names like this.