Re: Oh, I forgot...

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Oh, I forgot...
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 13:08:29 -0400

On Oct 12, 2008, at 6:48 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

Just a couple of things, the video that I uploaded

    http://platinum.linux.pl/~jordi/movies/octave-code-swarm.avi

took close to an hour to render, and it has some mistakes that I since
fixed in convert_logs.py (you'll see the small errors when two people
with the same name aren't recognised as such) and there's also the
small business that Paul Kienzle is creditted once only as "Kienzle".

I'll try to upload a fixed video later, hopefully one that goes all
the way to the present and we can really see how all the coders really
got working during the last few years.

Also, it's kinda long running time at 12 minutes plus the 4 years of
coding that are missing. I'll try to see later if I can compress 16
years of Octave development into 5 minutes of video. ;-)

- Jordi G. H.

Jordi,

I'm unable to play the avi on my Mac using QuickTime or RealPlayer. To you knowledge is there anything special about the avi?

RealPlayer appears to play the video, but it is all black :-(

Ben