Re: Call Graph Profiler!!

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: Re: Call Graph Profiler!!
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:30:59 -0600

Hello David,

I wrote the call graph profiler immediately after the flat-profiler.
But the problem
was JWE wanted a finer tree-walker based evaluating profiler, instead of the
hooks I had put into the code everywhere. Doing this was (is?) outside my
domain of knowledge presently.

It is going to be a significantly time consuming project to get this right. But
like JWE already mentioned, if we got this right we could write a debugger
similarly and a bunch of other meta-code-tools, including the
Oct-2-Mat converter
etc.

I did not post the updates here, because it was of not wide use since this code
is not integrable presently. My profiler code works as of April-May
2007 Octave CVS,
and Octave has definitely moved on into newer territory (Objects and
all), and I've
fallen behind the development, for various reasons.

But thanks for taking notice.

Best,
-Muthu